Tuesday, February 9, 2010

CSB Delivery Drivers: Why I Volunteer (Part 2)

I have known people who died of AIDS.  I do not like to think about anyone else suffering because they cannot get food.  Delivering food is a simple task that I can do to ensure people stay as healthy as possible while waiting for a cure for this disease.
-Julee

As a volunteer, I like that my time is taken seriously.  It is not considered free and without value.  It is treated as a resource, and I get sincere thanks from the staff for doing deliveries.  I also get that from the clients.
-Vincent

I lost most of my close friends in the early days of the epidemic and have been living with AIDS in one way or another ever since.  Since I have been so fortunate in many ways, this is a small thing I can do to give back to those who have not been so fortunate but are still living.
-Anonymous

Volunteering isn't hard, and when you see the smiles as they open their door to you, when they hug you and thank you for all that Chicken Soup Brigade does for them, it makes it all worthwhile.  In the end, I often feel like I am the real beneficiary of this goodwill gesture.
-Jean-Francois

No comments: