Thursday, February 4, 2010

CSB Delivery Drivers: Why I Volunteer

It makes me feel good to give back to the community – to know that I’ve done something that makes someone else’s life just a little bit easier.-
-Jim

It comes from a sense of feeling lucky really that I have health, family, and friends. I feel a strong sense of wanting to give to back in some small way. I wanted to feel connected to the place I live.
-Elaine

Before volunteering, each day was like all the others and I couldn't even keep track of what day of the week it was. Now I keep a careful schedule and eagerly anticipate my volunteer day. It makes me feel useful in life again. I have a purpose that fulfills me. It has changed me and means a great deal to my life.
-Scott

I feel if everyone gave some of their time and/or money then there would be plenty of help and aid for those in need. I am doing my part.
-Gary

No comments: